HVAC Sales Manager
Posted 5 years ago
- Title: HVAC Sales Engineer / Project Manager
- Normal Hours: 7:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday or as necessary
- Reports to: HVAC Service Manager
- Function: The HVAC Sales Engineer will conduct sales acquisition, project coordination (turnover), and account management activities in the assigned geographic and/or vertical market territory in support of “your company” goals.
- Perform outside sales activities, including travel as required with occasional overnight stays.
- Prepare estimates for equipment, materials, projects, and services. Develop proposals for presentation to customers.
- Represent “your company” as the preferred mechanical service provider for customers, employees, and business partners.
- Develop and maintain ongoing job cost accounting to allow timely reviews of effectiveness and profitability of all work performed.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal legal requirements. Maintain a high level of business ethics.
- Leads by example through personal compliance with all Company safety policies, procedures, and workplace safety issues in assuring a safe working environment for all. Verify that all required safety measures are identified and included in estimates and customer proposals.
- Develop proposals, often involving cost effectiveness or return on investment calculations, for presentation to customers based on preliminary site review and analysis of projects with customers, blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documents.
- Determine customer need and work closely with customers to determine the most cost-effective and sellable solutions, thereby increasing and sustaining customer loyalty.
- Conduct post sale follow-ups with customers to ensure all sales agreements have been accomplished and customers are satisfied with all aspects of the transaction.
- Manage and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction and provide solutions for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensure Company financial standards are maintained, including; but not limited to, profitability, productivity, payment schedules, subcontracts, terms, conditions, and accurate invoicing.
- Follow-up with internal and external contacts in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and timely sales activity information in Company sales management and reporting tools including, but not limited to, Outlook, CRM, and Quote Logs, booking and project management and turnover documentation. Record sales leads, contacts, referrals, future opportunities, follow-ups, key names and addresses. Maintain an accurate sales pipeline and a high level of pipeline management. Provide accurate periodic sales forecasts as requested. 9. Increase market penetration within assigned geography and/or vertical market by securing new customers and expanding the scope of products and services purchased by the existing customer base at key, target, managed, and maintained owner accounts.
- Sell within a team environment across RMS Divisions and Departments. Solicit support and communicate effectively with internal staff.
- Take a lead role in the sale of planned service agreements at customer locations and incorporate all appropriate RMS offerings that provide measurable value to the customer.
- Determine the manpower and material requirements for projects based on the known or expected complexities of the perceived work relative to the capabilities of available RMS field personnel, subcontractors and vendors, and the planned or promised completion time/date. Schedule manpower, materials, and resources to achieve orderly, efficient, socially responsible, and cost effective implementation and progress leading to profitable project completion.
- For acquired projects, facilitate on-time completion within budget in accordance with specified requirements of the project scope stipulated in the approved proposals.
- Responsible for project/service order document control and organization. 15. Ensure engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness, and performance are met.
- Oversee the execution of maintenance contracts to ensure profitable contract compliance and ontime contract renewals.
- Manage and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction. Provide solutions for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Take an active role with all RMS sales personnel on related sales activity in combining services from different divisions into the customer experience. 19. Perform sales-related duties as directed and accurately communicate sales and project execution efforts to Location Manager, Operations, and Administrative Teams in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Operations and Field personnel. Follow-up on all leads from field personnel, service technicians, Service Coordinators, Location Managers, and other RMS employees.
- Follow-up with internal and external contacts in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with engineers and general contractors to partner with our company on projects.
- Maintain liaison with representatives and local suppliers to stay abreast of product lines and equipment.
- Maintain and improve sales skills, HVAC systems awareness, and industry knowledge through self-study, product seminars, company-provided training, and self-improvement courses.
- Provide marketing support at trade shows, lunch-and-learns, and seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned by RMS Management Team.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in HVAC, Temperature Controls, Refrigeration, and/or facilities management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of documentable “high energy” sales experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, extraverted, tactful, organized, results and goal-oriented professional.
- Driven by a desire to satisfy customers and provide a high level of customer relations skills.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of office products, equipment, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and sell services, as well as equipment and systems. Capable of successfully closing the sales agreement and provide follow-up to assure sustainably strong customer relationships.
- Above average organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills to properly plan the implementation of a project (timely availability of required materials, equipment, tools, and manpower)
- Great “people skills” to work closely with management, sales, purchasing, accounting, and field personnel within the Company; as well as with vendors, customers, subcontractors, etc. outside the Company.
- A desire to continually learn new methods; adopt, accept and apply new technology from internal or external resources and continually strive to identify more efficient ways to perform existing processes.
- Challenge the “status quo” and motivate other team members, openly taking into account the ideas and suggestions of others and incorporating constructive suggestions into practice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional and industry-specific certifications and licenses.
- Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs. / sit for long periods of time / type / hear / see / speak English clearly / operate business equipment.
- Must be able to read / write / spell & calculate. Must be able to understand and follow written instructions, communicate effectively orally and written, and must be able to listen effectively.
- Must possess prioritizing / organizational / multitasking and stress management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
|Job Category||Sales Manager|